What’s new at East Lyme Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, LLC
Congratulations to Dr. Kirk Engel who achieved recertification by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery! Passing the ABOMS recert exam is mandatory every 10 years to maintain board certification.
We are always looking to improve the experience for our patients. These are a few of the latest techniques that we have implemented:
What makes our office state of the art:
Online New Patient Forms submitted electronically to our office via email before you arrive!
- Patient education videos on a flat screen HDTV in the waiting room. Become an educated patient while you are waiting.
- Patient education videos on our website.
- Automated email and text messaging for appointment reminders
What makes our office special:
- Post op instructions in SPANISH! We are very excited to be able to offer this to our spanish speaking patients.
- All cardboard boxes, paper, & plastic that can be recycled is done so, thereby decreasing our contribution to the town landfill. Magazines are donated to local organizations. Other disposables that can be used in our local schools are donated to them.
- We support our local community. Check out our fan page on Facebook to see all the organizations that we support.
- Watch for our banner Congratulating the current graduating class. This 30 foot long banner is ready to be displayed in June to honor East Lyme High School graduates!
- Patients are given a sports water bottle with everything they need for post operative care, including extra gauze, extra gel packs if needed, and other goodies too!
- In service Emergency Simulation with Sim Man!
New Procedure and Testimonial Videos
We have multiple videos to explain many of the procedures that we perform including implants, exposure of canine teeth, removal of wisdom teeth, and anesthesia. Additionally, please view our patient testimonial video on our homepage, You Tube, and Facebook that explains why our office is so special!
Insurance News: It is important to check with your dental insurance company. Several of our patients who are children of State of CT employees have been dropped from their dental plan when they turn 19. It is imperative that patients check their coverage and take action to maximize their benefits before the patient turns 19. This is not to claim to be an all inclusive statement for all State of CT employees, simply check into your plan. East Lyme Oral Surgery has no authority whatsoever regarding the administration of this or any other insurance plan.
We participate with the following insurance plans: Anthem BC/BS, Cigna, Delta Dental, Husky for under 21 yrs old, Mashantucket Pequot, & United Concordia, but will submit for all dental insurance plans.